Installing an intercom system at your property will provide convenience and security. Installing an intercom system provides convenience and security for your home
If you are worried about the security of your home, the answer could be installing an intercom system
. There are a variety of intercom systems to choose from, whether you want the very basics or the latest in hi-tech security. You can use your intercom system as a standalone product or integrate it with other measures to further enhance security at your home, either way an intercom is one of the most cost effective methods of upping security.
What does an intercom actually do?
At its most basic, the intercom allows you to communicate with somebody at your door whilst you remain out of view and at a distance. The intercom will also control a buzzer latch to allow you to let the person in, should you decide.
What are the benefits of installing an intercom system in my property?
- Home security: protecting your home is an important part of life and by installing an intercom you could certainly improve your home security. A video intercom will allow you to see who you are talking to and if you do not recognise them you will be able to find out why they are there before making the decision to allow them into your home. You could also use a video intercom system for surveillance recording if you are going to be away from your home for a while, for example if you decided to go on holiday. You could also connect this to other units and multiple cameras for additional protection.
- Automated entry: you can easy add a gate opener when installing an intercom system which will allow you to let people in your front gate at the touch of a button. Gate openers can be bought to suit all types of gates, so don’t worry if you have an odd one at your house. Once you have allowed the person access via the intercom you can then lock the gate.
- Room monitoring: if you were to invest in a few other cameras and a central control pad you will be able to monitor your entire house. Whether you use this feature to keep an eye on the children or as a baby monitor, it’s is a great addition to your intercom system. Some of these units allow for communication, which is ideal if you live in a particularly large house.
- Additional security options available: most modern intercom system control units can be configured to allow video monitoring and recording, motion controls and sensors among other snazzy features.
What type of intercom system should I purchase for my home?
It depends on your individual requirements, but generally speaking it would be either an audio or video intercom system.
- Audio intercom: a basic audio system usually comes with one handset and one control unit; however you can pay a bit more and have a few units installed. The main unit is usually installed in one of the central living areas, where you are most likely to be.
- Video intercom: a video intercom system does give you the additional benefit of vision. With multiple units you will be able to not only see who is at your front door but also what is going on around your home. You can go for either wireless or wired - wireless is easier to install as a wired system will involve routing cables from one room to another, however is often cheaper.
So if you are concerned about security at your home do not overlook an intercom system, it has become the best solution for any property not just for residents living in flats/apartments.